Friday, June 27, 2008

crafty summer projects

Here is the quilt that I started buying fabric for about 2 years ago when I visited Cassie in UT. I finally got most of it together. I still want to change a few of the squares, but hopefully by the end of the summer i can get this done! Whoo hoo!

The back of my quilt.

i got the kiwi fabric in New Zealand last summer.
I can't believe that was already last summer.


And........
I took a sewing class, beginners for the community, last semester and we learned all the basics. So i decided to try a dress pattern.....
I'm going to make another one so they can be for the twins! We'll see if they fit. It's not done yet, there will be red ribbons tied on the top of the arms. And it was supposed to have a zipper in the back, but my machine can't do zippers, so we'll have buttons :) Get ready Livvy and Rachel!



I love doing buttons. Who knew they were so easy?
And did i mention that I'm making myself one to match. we are going to be quite a good looking bunch.

Jess, can you do me a favor, can you get me their measurements from their shoulders to their knees and also around their tummies?

Thanks. I know, you're all amazed at my mad sewing skills.

1 comment:

The Prigmore Family said...

OK miss Martha find it! Love the quilt. Are you sewing that whole beast on mini ultra? The dresses are darling. They remind me of dorothy. You must get the twins ruby slipps to go with them k?